Why we like it
- A converted farmhouse full of charm that dates back to the 1850s
- Adventurous activities such as horse riding, hiking, ziplining, wild swimming and bird watching
- Only 10 individually decorated rooms and two villas, you’ll pretty much have the place to yourself
- A 100% operational organic farm – the dedication to preserving the surrounding environment is second to none
- Meals are full board with home grown organic food prepared by local chefs
About Fazenda Catuçaba
Most people come to Fazenda Catuçaba for the horse riding. The 450ha farm has its own stables, and you can even arrive by horse if you so wish. It’s the best way to explore the lakes and hidden waterfalls of the area, cantering through virgin rainforest and even taking part in a ‘full moon ride’, which takes place a few times a month. Of course there’s more than just the horses, with plenty of activities available, from hiking to bird watching or simply relaxing in the cinema room or library.
Owner Emmanuel has taken great care to preserve the charm of the hotel, so you’ll find original wooden floors and fireplaces, antique gramophones and sash windows overlooking the peaceful countryside in the eight rooms. The food is equally special, with local recipes provided by the women from the nearby village, and with full board as standard all your meals are included.