NEED TO KNOW
- The spacious suites are rustic in style, offering stylish and comfortable living spaces
- Casa de los Sauces is an authentic Patagonian lodge set in ten acres of parkland on the banks of the Calafate River
- La Comarca Restaurant offers a delicious gourmet experience of the flavours of Patagonia
- The Las Piedras Spa is an atmospheric octagonal stone building with treatment rooms, saunas, Scottish showers, whirlpool rooms - 2 indoors and 1 outdoor - and a state-of-the-art gym
- The Casa has an indoor pool
- Other facilities include the Clubhouse Las Nubes, with its library and 'playroom' and a natural garden of willows and rose hips
Opened in September 2007, Casa do los Sauces is a luxury hotel in El Calafate, the gateway to Parque Nacional Los Glaciares. Defined by rustic charm, it recreates the hospitality and spirit of the Patagonian farms of the beginning of the last century, with an architectural style that combines rustic features with European influences. Set in a natural garden of willows and rose hips, an oasis crossed by Calafate (a small river), it is just 300m from El Calalate main street.
The Casa has 18 guest rooms in three elegant houses, all individually furnished and with reading rooms warmed by Patagonian stone fireplaces. They are wonderfully quiet, cosy spaces.
Outdoors, the beautiful gardens, shaded by ancient criollo willow trees, offer a perfect setting for an authentic 'asado' (the Patagonian lamb is a must) or simply the opportunity to relax. Further afield the mountain and glacial landscapes surrounding Los Sauces can be explored on foot or by mountain bike, with delicious rustic picnics all part of the experience.