Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Columbia Beach Resort
Why we like it
- The resort is situated on an unspoilt stretch of coastline between Pafos and Limassol, overlooking Pissouri Bay and the Mediterranean beyond
- All suites have outside spaces with views over a well-tended garden, the mountains, the impressive lagoon pool or the beautiful clear blue sea. The Bacchus Italian gourmet restaurant offers tempting à la carte menus, whilst the Apollo Restaurant and Ouzeri serves local cuisine, including a delicious Cypriot meze and fresh fish
- The award-winning Hebe Spa is a 'must visit' haven of relaxation
- The 80 metre-long lagoon pool has an infinity edge with stunning views and is connected to the heated indoor pool. The hotel also has a shallow children's splash area
- Other facilities include a water sports centre, two squash courts, two floodlit tennis courts and a state-of-the-art gym. Championship golf courses are nearby
- The Sailor's Kids' Club is open during all the school holidays
Please note: Columbia Beach Resort will be closed and undergoing extensive renovations between 1st Nov 2016 and 31st Aug 2017.
Try the Cypriot candied fruits with cheese for pudding.
The holiday was made by our guide, Adnan Duvenci. He was a constant source of good humour. He has left us with many highlights of our trip and introduced us to a wide variety of different experiences that have crowded into my mind since.
- KM, London
Created in the style of a Cypriot village complete with a pretty little church, the resort's low-rise buildings are all individually designed and sit within beautifully landscaped gardens. Local stone, wooden features, lovingly restored terracotta roof tiles, graceful arches and shutters on the windows all reflect the influence of traditional Cypriot architecture.
Clustered around an 80-metre waterway the suites demonstrate impressive attention to detail. Hand-woven fabrics and tasteful wooden furniture work hand in hand with stone floors and ceiling fans to keep the rooms cool. We absolutely love it.
Best time to be there
A year round destination with long hot summers and cool mild winters. During the summer months, clear blue skies dominate and temperatures can soar above 30°C.
Pafos and Larnaca (British Airways)
4 hours 25 minutes
GMT +2 hours