Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Hotel de la Mirande
Why we like it
- Enjoy the views over the cobbled square and garden, a sanctuary in the heart of Avignon with the Palais des Papes as your backdrop
- With only 27 guest rooms the antique furniture, old master paintings, wood panelling and individual wall tapestries coupled with Carrara marble bathrooms will transport you back in time
- Food is the heart of this hotel with Le Marmiton cooking school hosting the region's greatest chefs
- The gourmet restaurant's gastronomic experience can be sampled in the warm and inviting setting of the Cardinalice room, a vestige of the cardinals' residence, with its magnificent Renaissance coffered ceiling or on the terrace in the balmy summer months
- On Tuesday & Wednesday evenings a Chef's table is laid in the basement for up to 14 where the chef will cook for you a menu inspired by the day's market finds
Savour the cocktails from the 1930s at the bar or the Fever Tree sodas whose ingredients for the Mediterranean Tonic are sourced locally.
I have never been compelled to write to a company to tell them about my booking experience, but I feel that in this instance I must. I spoke to both Robin Spanner and a representative from another travel company. The next day, Robin sent me a full tailor made itinerary whilst the other rep sent me a link to one of the standard holidays on their website. Needless to say, Robin had already won my custom and confidence.
- GB, London
Set in an old mansion at the foot of the Palais des Papes in the heart of Avignon, the 5* La Mirande is steeped in history. This timeless refuge offers a dreamy, relaxing and authentic experience in a refines, 18th century décor. With both a gastronomic restaurant and a chef 's table, the hotel serves delicious cuisine that reflects its heritage and surroundings.
The hotel is named after the famous room in the Palais des Papes, La Mirande, where the Pope's representatives held receptions for the city's notables and visiting high-ranking officials.
Modern comforts are seamlessly integrated with old ensuring the bright and cheerful rooms have unique décor. This property feel more like a private home than a hotel with attentive personalised service and cosy corners to relax in.
The afternoon tea is to die for! Madeleines, gingerbread, almond croquants, poppyseed cakes, chocolate fondants and seasonal fruit tarts are baked and served with hot chocolate prepared in the traditional way or with exceptional teas selected by La Mirande, some of which are organically grown.
The garden is a welcome retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city, in the evening it really comes to life with clever lighting and is the perfect spot for a digestif.