Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Vedema, a Luxury Collection Resort
Why we like it
- Surrounded by a wall like a fortified town, Vedema Resort is situated in the medieval village of Megalochori
- The resort's townhouses provide views of rolling vineyards, the Aegean Sea and the beautiful sunsets beyond
- The 15th century-styled winery restaurant, ALATI serves an innovative seafood menu whilst the Pool Restaurant offers light meals and Greek specialties
- At the Asian spa and Resort Spa they embrace and emulate the magic of Vedema - take advantage of the fully equipped Fitness centre featuring Cybex equipment, Sauna and Turkish bath facilities
- The hotel has an outdoor pool and a large outdoor Jacuzzi, as well as hammocks and sun beds among the olive and pistachio trees
- Other facilities include complimentary mountain bikes, a sailing boat for volcano tours, a speed boat for visits to neighbouring islands and, nearby, tennis courts and water sports
- We recommend the spacious Dorian Suites with their terrace or patio and views to the gardens
Take the shuttle to the most stunning black sand beach on Santorini, where you will find complimentary towels, umbrellas, sun beds, and a bar.
That is why you use a travel agent and a company like A&K because you are always taken care of not only at the point of sale but during the travel, and after your return home if the need should arise.
- GJ, Tour Consultant
Vedema Resort is a world unto itself. Built around a 400 year old winery in the unspoilt medieval village of Megalohori, this stylish resort consists of 45 pastel-hued townhouses. Larger than the hotel Perivolas in Oia and good for families, its townhouses are constructed in traditional Greek style and domed with distinctive cupolas.
All the villas have marble bathrooms, island-style furnishings and terraces. The 4 villas with private pools are models of fresh minimalism originally inspired by the simple island lodges, and 'barefoot chic' philosophy, found throughout Santorini, while the Presidential Villa is a masterpiece of luxury and style.
This resort is packed with historical features. In particular, the atmospheric 'Canava' Wine Bar is a converted 400 years old catacomb in the middle of Vedema Resort. Utterly unique, it is a cool and authentically Grecian space.
Best time to be there
The mainland and islands are very hot and dry in July and especially August, the preferred travel month for French, Italian and Spanish holiday makers, making conditions busy, hotel availability limited and the beaches crowded. May, June and September are infinitely more comfortable and generally less expensive.
Rhodes, with its refreshing westerly winds and moderate summer heat, makes it the ideal place to travel for a summer holiday or a short break in the spring or Autumn.
Fly toAthens and Thessaloniki (British Airways); Rhodes (easyjet); Heraklion, Santorini and Mykonos (British Airways to Athens and onward with Aegean Air)
Flying time3-4 hours
Time differenceGMT +2 hours
Create a brochure
Suggested itineraries in Greece
Athens City Break
Nights: 4 | from £895pp
Get under the skin of Greece's ancient capital on a 4 day tour of Athens's markets and museums, the mighty Acropolis and the Plaka district.
Celebrity Cruise – Greek Isles Cruise
Nights: 9 | from £2,550pp
Discover the wonders of Ancient Greece on this sailing, which follows the picturesque coastline of Croatia before tracing a path to Athens and onwards through the Greek islands
An Easter voyage from Dubai to Athens
Nights: 18 | from £7,899pp
An 18 night cruise that takes you on a fascinating journey from Dubai through to Oman, Egypt, Jordan and Greece.
Nights: 9 | from £1,250pp
Visit Athens with an expert guide then travel on to Epidaurus, the ancient citadel of Mycenae and explore unspoilt seaside landscapes over 9 nights.
Venice to Rome discovery Ft. Regent SevenSeas
Nights: 13 | from £4,650pp
Discover the Mediterranean’s evocative mix of culture and history, from the canals of Venice and walled city of Dubrovnik to the romance of Capri and eternal appeal of Rome.
Adriatic Wonders Ft. Seabourn
Nights: 13 | from £3,750pp
Sail away in style from Venice to discover the natural wonders and historic riches of atmospheric tucked-away Adriatic ports and islands, whose appeal ranges from the beauty of Kotor to the ancient glories of Athens.
Ponant speciality cruise - Masterpieces of the Adriatic
Nights: 9 | from £5,199pp
Discover pearls of the Adriatic and their wild beauty, gaining access to 5 UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Greek Island Hopping
Nights: 6 | from £2,295pp
Hop your way around the Cyclades islands, taking in the charm of Santorini, the lively town of Mykonos and the cultural gem that is the tiny, traditional island of Delos.