Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Call 01242 546 624 to speak to a specialist
So much more than a beach destination, Turkey has stunning landscapes, a magnificent coastline, classical cities and an intriguing and unique culture. In Spring, the climate is pleasant enough to enjoy both the cities and the coast, and the landscape comes alive with flowers. The Turks are consistently voted amongst the most friendly people in the world, meaning you'll feel welcome and well looked after.
Invaded and settled from every direction since the start of recorded history, Turkey is a melting pot of cultural influences and home to a fascinating array of historical sites. As Europe's most complete classical metropolis, Ephesus is a highlight. The Greco- Roman world comes vividly to life here despite much of the city still waiting to be unearthed.
Honeymoon Highlights of Turkey
- What better way to relax and de-stress after your wedding than a visit to a traditional Turkish hammam?
- A private cruise on the Bosphorus will take you past the 'yalis' –waterfront residences that are the stately homes of Turkey.
- Join the locals of Izmir for a stroll along the seafront at sunset, to absorb the evening ambience.
- Cappadocia's moon-like landscape is best appreciated from above. A hot air balloon ride will give you a unique viewpoint.
- Explore the pretty coves around Bodrum by boat, stopping for freshly caught seafood at a local restaurant.
A visit to Cappadocia will likely leave you feeling as though you've landed on the moon. The chimney-like rock formations are home to inconspicuous rock carved hotels from which you can explore this vast, alien landscape, where ancient caves and cave churches are adorned with frescoes. A walk through Pigeon Valley offers spectacular views of the natural cliffs via a maze of tunnels.
Bodrum, with its natural beauty and dazzling sea harbour, is the ideal end to your honeymoon. White houses line the narrow streets which tumble down to the sea, and clean sandy beaches allow for a restful end to your adventure. A boat trip around the bay is a lovely way to see the city.