NEED TO KNOW
- All rooms have private balconies overlooking the Kosi River, the forest and the foothills of the Himalayas
- Infinity Corbett Wilderness is situated just 10 minutes from the Bijrani entrance gate to the Corbett National Park, India's first tiger reserve
- The resort's restaurants serve Indian, Chinese, Continental and Mughalai cuisines
- The resort has spa and gym facilities
- Set amidst mango trees, the pool and sun deck stand below green leaves and blue skies
- Other facilities and activities include The Golghar, a wonderful bamboo-ceilinged circular lounge with an open central fire place, a sun deck, lounges, library and bars, an activity centre, TV room, water sports, rappelling, and a range of outdoor games and activities
Corbett National Park was established in 1936 and was India's first tiger reserve. The park is famous for its diversity of flora and fauna and boasts 580 bird species and 50 species of mammals, including elephant, sloth bear, barking deer and tiger. On its fringes stands Infinity Corbett Wilderness, a lovely base from which to explore. Surrounded by thick, lush forests, it is reminiscent of the scenes from Rudyard Kipling's Jungle Book.
The resort itself is wonderfully put together, combining authentic local touches with modern comforts to create a stylish, rustic feel. In the rooms, exposed stone walls continue the theme, and punctuate neutral, plastered walls, wood detailing and simple, wooden furniture. They are beautifully relaxed, comfortable spaces.
Clearly, wildlife safaris are at the heart of this experience, and can be taken via jeep or elephant. Infinity Corbett Wilderness is recognised as environmentally sustainable by Travel Operators for Tigers (TOFT).
As well as game drives and elephant safaris, there are a wealth of activities available from the resort, including white water rafting, fishing and rappelling.