Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Verdura Resort, a Rocco Forte Hotel
Why we like it
- The resort is set in 230 hectares of stunning landscape with 1.8km of private coastline, on the south coast of Sicily near the seaside town of Sciacca
- All guestrooms have private terrace or balcony
- A multitude of dining options include family barbecues at the beachside Amare restaurant, the romantic cliff top restaurant, Liolá, and the adult only La Zagara
- Set apart from the resort, the huge spa offers yoga, fitness centre, beauty salon, treatment rooms and a bar
- The 60m two-tier swimming pool is one of the largest in Europe. The resort also has a private beach
- Other facilities and activities include tennis, two world-class championship golf courses, water sports, a full-size football pitch and running trails which meander through the olive and lemon groves
- Verdura Resort provides a safe and secure environment where children and adults will feel equally at home. There is a crèche and children's club, as well as a hang out area for teenagers
- A&K recommends the Grand Suites due to their proximity to the sea
A 15 minutes' drive is the picturesque seaside town of Sciacca. You can explore its medieval alleys and baroque churches, find a seafood restaurant for lunch, then relax on one of its many sandy beaches.
That is why you use a travel agent and a company like A&K because you are always taken care of not only at the point of sale but during the travel, and after your return home if the need should arise.
- GJ, Tour Consultant
Rocco Forte Hotel's first resort, Verdura Resort is one of Europe's most exciting destinations. Designed by Flavio Albanese, the architecture is a mixture of the contemporary and the traditional, making extensive use of natural island materials such as stone, sand, wood and cane.
The accommodation continues the theme. Designed by Olga Polizzi, the interiors are defined by a rich palette of earth tones and bright printed fabrics - a motif inspired by classic Sicilian tiles. The bedrooms feature four-poster wooden beds, polished concrete floors and artful Italian lighting, and are decorated with locally fired earthenware. The bathrooms have stone vanity tops, and some have outside courtyards with lemon trees.
Set within two distinct types of building, Courtyard and Landscape, all the rooms are woven subtly into the olive grove landscape to create a real sense of privacy.
Best time to be there
Coastal areas and the islands are great year round, although July and August can be very hot. The arts and opera seasons are generally at their peak outside these months. August is very much a shut down month as Italians take their annual break.
Bari, Cagliari, Catania, Milan, Pisa, Rome and Verona (British Airways), Naples and Venice (British Airways or bmi)
2 hours - 2 hours 30 minutes
GMT +1 hour
Create a brochure
Suggested itineraries in Italy
City Breaks to Rome
Nights: 3 | from £675pp
Rome is a heady blend of artistic and architectural masterpieces, classical ruins and extravagant baroque churches and piazzas. Bring Roman history to life with a trip to Italy’s fascinating capital.
Venice City Break
Nights: 3 | from £625pp
Venice is a city that has endured a litany of both triumph and tragedy, rising from its marshy foundations to become a labyrinth of placid waterways and sweeping bridges.
Barcelona to Monte Carlo Ft. Silversea Cruises
Nights: 14 | from £3,550pp
Contrast the glitz of Monte Carlo with the rustic prettiness of Elba on a voyage that brings out the best of the Mediterranean’s history, art, and culture.
Florence City Break
Nights: 3 | from £650pp
Surprisingly small but perfectly formed, history pours from every alleyway, arching doorway and soaring bell tower of Florence.
Gladiators & Gelati: Family Fun in Italy
Nights: 6 | from £3,950pp
Immerse your family in the exciting world of Italian history on a luxurious tour of Rome, Florence and Pisa that makes learning fun – and delicious, with tours of a top gelateria, an artisan chocolatier’s atelier and a pizza-making class.
Nights: 4 | from £1,850pp
Sip Limoncello overlooking the romantic Amalfi coast each night after your adventures exploring Capri and Pompeii during your 4 night holiday.
Venice to Rome discovery Ft. Regent SevenSeas
Nights: 13 | from £4,650pp
Discover the Mediterranean’s evocative mix of culture and history, from the canals of Venice and walled city of Dubrovnik to the romance of Capri and eternal appeal of Rome.
Adriatic Wonders Ft. Seabourn
Nights: 13 | from £3,750pp
Sail away in style from Venice to discover the natural wonders and historic riches of atmospheric tucked-away Adriatic ports and islands, whose appeal ranges from the beauty of Kotor to the ancient glories of Athens.
Nights: 9 | from £3,300pp
Combine Rome, Florence and Venice, Italy’s tremendous trio, on a trip full of ancient monuments, world-beating art, classy canals, romantic countryside and a mouthwatering gelato or two.