Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Why we like it
- With 91 villas and suites on land and over water, there is an outstanding choice of accommodation
- Snorkel, canoe, windsurf and dive in some of the world's rarest coral reefs
- The Talise Spa and yoga platform are the perfect place to relax surrounded by the Indian ocean and the therapists use a mix of traditional and alternative therapies
- Choice of three restaurants from unique "Pan Asian" cuisine to delicate Mediterranean flavours
- The 2 Bedroom Beach Villas are the perfect option for families with child-friendly facilities and your own private swimming pool
For ultimate indulgence and absolute privacy, the three-bedroom Presidential Suite has its own private jetty, two pools, and a private spa and gym.
Jumeirah Vittaveli is an intimate escape or indulgent family experience with a unique activity for every guest, an array of choices that focus on fun, diversity and a celebration of the ultimate island resort getaway. Once on the island be as busy as you want or simply relax on the beach or in your villa. There are some beautiful trails to enjoy or have some time out of the water in the Health Spa and fully equipped gymnasium. For families, there are a selection of family swimming pools and clubs offering a variety of day time activities.
The choice for dining on the island is excellent. Samsara offering a "Pan Asian" twist, Mu offering barbecued delicacies exquisite fish, seafood and prime steaks and finally, Fenesse is the ultimate voyage of mouth-watering discovery in a unique overwater setting with superbly crafted Mediterranean flavours offered in an unusual and stylish setting.
The 91 villas and suites each have unique features. All the beach villas have their own private beach access, the beach suites feature a rooftop terrace and private swimming pool. The water villas overlook and have direct access to the lagoon while the lagoon suites are on two floors with private access to the lagoon. There is also the well-appointed Presidential Suite.
The resort is a 20-minute speed boat ride from Malé airport and located in a spot of astounding natural beauty.
Male (Emirates and BA)
10 hours 30 minutes non-stop, 13 hours including transit
GMT +5 hours
Not required for UK passport holders
Yellow fever if arriving from endemic area
Best time to travel
November - April
The best time to travel to the Maldives is during our winter months when the humidity is lower and the temperature more comfortable. However, the monsoon season of May to September should not be discounted for travel as the resorts have fantastic offers on accommodation. The heavier showers tend to occur in the mornings or the late afternoons; a perfect time to visit the spa.