Select Your Home Region
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Australia, NZ and Southeast Asia
Smith Fork Ranch
Why we like it
- Relish the true outdoors as you ride on horseback through the Western wilderness with your experienced and knowledgeable guides. They will teach you the art of western riding, no matter your level of experience or age, while discovering un-trodden paths in your stunning surroundings
- Settle down in front of your roaring fire after an exhilarating day outdoors, or simply enjoy the spectacular view from your wraparound balcony
- Enjoy the rustic feel of the lodges with the benefit of modern features such as i-pod docks and internet access
- This unpretentious luxury is a continuous theme throughout Smith Fork Ranch, and is especially apparent in the cuisine which is cooked only using the freshest ingredients, many of which come from their own garden
- Savour the beauty of your surroundings with lunch below the towering Saddle Mountain after fly-fishing, a glass of wine at a mountain vista, or a romantic meal in your own lodge
America's newest National Park, the Black Canyon of the Gunnison, is only twenty miles from the Ranch. Take advantage of this unprecedented location and hike along the gorge and take a trip in a bi-plane to see the spectacular valleys below.
It was the trip of a lifetime. The A&K staff truly looked after us and their organisation of what was a complicated itinerary completely made the trip for us.
- DR, Newport
Nestled deep within the wilderness of the Colorado Rocky Mountains, Smith Fork Ranch embraces the essence of outdoor life and the heritage of the Old American West. It is the ultimate luxury retreat, providing an escape from the fast pace of modern life with its lovingly restored rustic accommodations, many with breath taking views over the domineering Rocky Mountains.
During the summer, enjoy the ranches Signature Western Experience which includes fly fishing, horseback riding, hiking in the national forest, clay shooting, archery and riverside barbecue dinners. For something extra special, mountain bike along the Virginia Creek Trail to a gourmet picnic, complete with wine, house cured meats and local cheeses. Evenings take on a more relaxed ambience with live music and dancing beside a open campfire.