Abercrombie & Kent is the World’s premiere luxury travel company operating globally for over 50 years.The business comprises of international Tour Operations Offices (TOCs), Destination Management Companies (DMCs) and a selection of wholly owned properties and river cruise ships.
The A&K Italy DMC was established in 2004 and operates as the head office for an aggregate region that also includes Croatia, Slovenia, Montenegro and Malta. The company strives to deliver excellent travel experiences with exclusive access in peerless comfort and style. We are committed to providing travel that enhances and changes lives.
This newly created position will build and lead a department to oversee all Groups activities for the business. You will be responsible for this part of the business for Italy, Croatia, Slovenia, Montenegro and Malta and will be based in Florence.
As an experienced Groups Coordinator, you are strategically minded, and detail orientated. You will be responsible for managing a small team of direct reports. You are charged with overseeing all group tour series (if any) and ad hoc group activities (anything from 10-500 pax or more). You will have the ability to grow existing accounts while also winning new business. You will be capable in overseeing the entire
process from tender through to quotation and operation, always delivering the highest standards that A&K is known for.
In addition, you will be required to work efficiently and effectively with suppliers across the region including hotels via face-to-face meetings, email and phone communications. The role may require infrequent regional travel to inspect existing product and to meet with existing suppliers. You may be required to travel for various site inspection trips.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the travel industry, a genuine passion for their work, and will be commercially minded. As a service business, our people are our greatest asset and strong interpersonal skills are a must.
- A Passion for transformative travel and our destinations
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as Groups Coordinator or similar role within the Travel and Tourism Industry
- Excellent command of the English language, spoken and written, including creative writing are essential. Spanish and/or Portuguese linguistic skills would also be an advantage but not critical
- Proven track record of managing a department successfully and building a business unit
- Experience in managing and motivating people in a busy and pressured cross-cultural environment
- Local knowledge – a good understanding of the region, destinations and products
- Solid experience in procurement processes, negotiations and contracting, data analysis and customer relationship management
- Financial and business acumen with strong profit awareness
- Expertise in Travel Studio or other similar travel industry software preferred but not a requirement
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines while delivering high quality results
- Strong planning and organisational skills, including the ability to work independently, prioritise activities, meet commitments, and proactively manage time
- Ability to be creative, strategic, analytical, and think outside the box to solve problems
- High level understanding of operational and logistical tactics
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- Decisiveness and assertiveness
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and both verbal and written Communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- University Degree (or minimum 5 years Management experience)
- Can represent the Abercrombie & Kent brand in the best light
- Flexibility to travel regionally and globally
- Positive attitude and motivated with an ability to work under pressure