Why we like it
- Sanctuary Chobe Chilwero is a luxurious riverside retreat in the heart of the bush
- Activities included are morning and afternoon game drives and sundowner cruises
- The spa offers a range of spa and hydrotherapy treatments from both the Thalgo and Africology ranges
- Relax in the split level swimming pool after a morning game drive
- Enjoy cruises on the Chobe River in the double deck photographic safari boat with 360 degree swivel seats complete with a bar on the lower deck
About Sanctuary Chobe Chilwero
Luxury and elegance combine at Sanctuary Chobe Chilwero. Set on an escarpment overlooking the Chobe River and flood plain it is at the northern tip of one of Botswana's most famous National Parks, home to perhaps Africa's greatest concentration of elephant. Chobe Chilwero - meaning high view - is the perfect base to start or end your Botswana holiday. The lodge also benefits from being within easy reach of the world-famous Victoria Falls.
The spa is the first on the Botswana safari circuit. Features include an indoor spa bath, Vichy showers, hydrotherapy, plunge pool, relaxation area and private treatment rooms - one of which is elevated in the treetops. Cuisine is taken seriously here and a large variety of superior wines, specially selected by experts, are stored in the lodge's own temperature-controlled wine cellar. Game drives with professional guides take place twice daily in open sided 4-wheel drive vehicles. Sunset cruises on the Chobe River are particularly spectacular. Birding safaris, fishing expeditions and exploring the endless tributaries of this mighty river are all highlights.
All 14 guest cottages have been individually designed to fit in with their topography and vegetation. Each is finished with mosaic floors, traditional fabrics and fitted with air-conditioning as well as ceiling fans. There is one honeymoon suite complete with private plunge pool and a private vehicle for all game viewing activities. Outside there is a shower, seating area and hammock set within a private secluded garden. The bathrooms are luxurious with a separate shower and beautiful Victorian style baths - the perfect place to relax after a busy day game viewing in the Chobe National Park. Children 5 years and under are not allowed on activities unless sole vehicle use is requested and is still subject to management discretion.