Why we like it
- All suites have balconies or terraces with large day beds
- Carlisle Bay is situated on one of Antigua's most striking beaches on the country's unspoilt south coast
- The hotel boasts four fine restaurants - Indigo on the Beach, offering healthy grills; East, which serves Asian food; Ottimo! has Italian classics in a relaxed poolside setting; and The Jetty Grill serves grilled meats and fresh seafood, overlooking the clear blue Caribbean waters.
- The Blue Spa offering an extensive range of treatments and other excellent facilities
- A lovely pool is set in lush tropical gardens
About Carlisle Bay
Set on a dazzling, white sand beach in a secluded bay, against a backdrop of hills and rainforest, Carlisle Bay is simply stunning. The suites are spacious and luxurious. From the couple-only Garden and Ocean Suites to the family friendly Beach and Carlisle Suites, all have cool, calm contemporary interiors and terrace or balcony with breathtaking ocean views.
Away from the suites, the public areas are beautifully put together too. There are four bars including the relaxing Indigo Bar with juices, afternoon tea and cocktails, the Pavilion Bar is a beautiful space in a traditional Caribbean style, open-sided with wooden shutters, the informal Jetty Bar with views along the beach and The Coconut Grove is the perfect spot for some quiet and tranquillity.
With décor dominated by pure, brilliant white - a stunning contrast with the lush flowering gardens - secluded outdoor space aplenty and a relaxed ambiance, this hotel is the very epitome of barefoot luxury.