Why we like it
- Katie and Laura visited in 2017 and were very impressed with the house reef, full of stunning marine life
- Water-based excursions include voyaging on Nooma, a traditional handcrafted Maldivian sailing dhoni, or a cruise on Serenity, a modern luxury motor yacht.
- We love the Premium Pool Villas with beachside pool and separate jacuzzi
- Lime restaurant has a magical setting next to a large infinity pool overlooking the lagoon
- Baros Maldives has been a leader in green initiatives for 40 years and there’s a whole team dedicated to maintaining the natural eco-systems.
- A&K guests receive a complimentary sunset or dolphin cruise with champagne and canapes when staying 7 nights or more
24 Deluxe Villas sit among tropical foliage by the beach, featuring a large teak-floored bedroom opening onto a veranda facing the ocean. The bathroom, with freestanding bathtub, extends into a walled flower garden refreshed by a waterfall shower. Our favourite are the 15 more spacious Baros Villas. Right by the beach, these have a four-poster bed and a private veranda with additional decked area. Located on a crescent-shaped boardwalk, 30 Water Villas inspire romance with a beautifully draped four-poster bed and bathtub overlooking the ocean. There is a private deck for sunbathing and wooden steps down into the lagoon. All Villas come with some thoughtful little extras such as wine-chiller, iPod docking station and espresso machine.
Pack a picnic and head out on a dhoni, keeping an eye out for a pod of dolphins or a leaping sailfish. Or, enjoy an à la carte diving experience in this amazing oceanographic environment. The experienced dive team will choose the site according to the moon, tides and currents. Find yourself amongst colourful corals, graceful rays and inquisitive turtles. By night, join the Marine Environmentalist and discover a whole other world. There are many dining experiences to savour, but make sure you visit the overwater Lighthouse, a unique structure and the resort's signature restaurant. How about a yellow-fin tuna carpaccio and your pick from the glass-walled wine cellar? Afterwards step into the Lighthouse Lounge and listen to the light sounds of jazz accompanied by spectacular views of the Indian Ocean.