Why we like it
- The Fairmont enjoys unrivalled beach presence and sea views throughout the hotel and guest rooms
- The high standards of the Fairmont Group are upheld throughout the cuisine whilst also being able to cater for the most demanding of dietary requirements
- At certain times of year the hotel acts as an adult only hotel and at others a family-friendly holiday option with daily activities for children
- Ocean swimming and a full range of non-motorised watersports are right on the doorstep
- In-room spa services are available and there is also a prestigious Sass Beauty Salon
About The Fairmont Royal Pavilion
One of the earliest hotels on Barbados, The Fairmont Royal Pavilion helped spark the stately cruise-ship rush to the Caribbean in the 1940s but although it retains its elegant colonial style, pale pink façade and old-world grace, its current incarnation and recent upgrade sees the latest facilities, comforts and refinements blend into excellent beachfront surroundings creating a haven of peace and timeless elegance under the endless Caribbean sun.
In the wake of this thoughtful and extensive renovation programme The Fairmont Royal Pavilion's 72 luxurious guest rooms and suites take inspiration from a typical Barbadian house with hardwood floors, gentle interior tones and traditional furnishings. 24 newly built ground floor Beachfront Junior Suites are enhanced by a 250 sq. ft private residential styled deck and outdoor living area, with direct access to one of the islands finest beaches.
Dining at The Palm Restaurant treats guests to a dramatic, panoramic view of the sea with equally alluring cuisine and often light evening entertainment from local jazz artists. In the day time Taboras Restaurant offers a relaxed sea-front setting and open kitchen, while on Sundays, Toboras plays host to 'Steel Pan by the Sea', a delightful chance to enjoy the rhythms of The Sunset Steel Orchestra.