Why we like it
- The hotel is located between the iconic Pitons of Saint Lucia, three miles from the historic town of Soufriere in the south of the island
- Each accommodation boasts a private plunge pool and offers personalised butler service
- The Luxury Beachfront Bungalows are perfect for honeymooners
- Some of the best selection of dining options to be found anywhere on the island as well as private and in-villa dining
- Sample the planet's best aged rums in the Cane Bar, designed with a chic white-and-charcoal palette, glowing white bar, and comfortable, oversized furniture
About Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort, is located in one of the most spectacular sites in the world, the majestic valley of the Pitons, Saint Lucia's most famous natural landmark. The hotel is set within one hundred acres of tropical forest within a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Formerly a working sugar plantation, the property is now one of St Lucia's finest properties, situated on a stunning white sand beach. The Superior Sugar Mill rooms are close to the main house and have elegant plantation styling and private plunge pools. The Grand Luxury Villas with custom-made furniture, enormous walk-in showers, claw foot bath-tubs and oversized plunge pool and pool terrace are set in small clusters dotted around the estate. All rooms offer views across to the Pitons or the Caribbean Sea. A marine protected area, the sea is ideal for scuba diving or enjoying the complimentary watersports on offer including windsurfing, kayaking and many more. For the adventurous, Schiller waterbikes are available for hire. The indulgent Rainforest Spa, a full PADI dive facility, sumptuous waterfront dining, and chic bars and lounges ensure the quintessential St Lucia resort experience.
The resort offers four spectacular restaurants and a drink and snack service at the Pier Bar on Glenconner Beach. The Cane Bar provides a professional "rummelier" to aid in the selection of the expertly chosen native and international rums. In addition to the offerings behind the bar, The Cane Bar features a range of decadent dishes such as freshly caught sashimi on a sushi platter or grilled chicken, beef or vegetarian satay served with traditional satay sauce and bok choy kimchi.