Why we like it
- The stunning Mombo Camp is located on the northern tip of Chiefs Island, a prime game rich area
- Nine elegant spacious tents all en suite with private outdoor thatched sala as well as indoor and outdoor showers
- Activities on offer are morning and afternoon game drives in open 4x4 vehicles
- There is a swimming pool and a therapist based at the camp offering massage treatments
- Some of the best game viewing opportunities in Botswana
About Mombo Camp
Mombo Camp is a luxurious camp in the heart of the Okavango Delta, included on any itinerary for a first time visitor or for the seasoned safari traveller Mombo Camp will not disappoint. The level of comfort and space in the canvas and thatched rooms is exceptional. The main living and dining area is under thatch and there is a boma (outside area) for traditional dinners around the camp fire. Elegant dinners are served under the African sky as stories are shared and the night noises of the African bush come to life. The main area and rooms are all linked together by a raised deck to allow the prolific game in this area to still wander freely and safely.
Game viewing at Mombo Camp is phenomenal especially in the dry season, lion sightings are frequent also expect to see leopard, wild dog, spotted hyaena, large herds of buffalo, elephant, white rhino, southern giraffe, blue wildebeest and Burchell's zebra.
This property is currently closed for renovation until 30 November 2017. It will be reopening soon when they will be welcoming guests again. Please speak to a travel consultant for more details on dates and developments.