Why we like it
- Sanctuary Stanley's Camp is traditional and colonial in style taking you back to when the pioneers were travelling
- Opportunity to take a scenic helicopter flight over the magnificent Okavango Delta. This activity is at an extra cost
- Eight classic styles safari tents each en suite with a private deck
- The area around the camp changes with the seasons - from lush green when the rain flows down from the Angolan highlands to dry savannah when the Kalahari Desert tightens its grip
- Children of all ages are welcome
About Sanctuary Stanley's Camp
Set in an amphitheatre of ebony and sausage trees near the southern tip of Chief's Island, Sanctuary Stanley's Camp is situated on a 260,000 acre private concession, bordering the southern section of the famous Moremi Game Reserve. It is one of Botswana's smaller and more intimate camps, with a maximum capacity of sixteen guests experiencing the best of Africa's wildlife and the highest standards of service and accommodation.
The bush adjacent to Stanley's Camp is rich with excitement: game walks, day and night-time game drives and silent, gliding mokoro excursions (subject to water levels). You can track a wide variety of big-game species: giraffe, buffalo, lion and leopard are often encountered.
Accommodation consists of eight classic-styled safari tents, each with en suite facilities and a private balcony where you can relax from the comfort of your hammock in the African sunshine. The main building is raised on decking and offers extensive views over the surrounding floodplains. Dinner is served overlooking the game-filled plains, seasonally glazed with their life-giving flood of water. The finest cuisine is complemented by a carefully selected choice of South African wines.