Why we like it
- Perfectly located in an exclusive area of the Masai Mara, an excellent place to view the annual migration
- An authentic bush camp experience
- Each tent has a view of the legendry Talek River
- Activities available include game drives, bush picnics, walking safaris and cultural visits
- Personal butlers look after your every need
Rekero sits on a picturesque bend in the Talek River in one of the most game-rich areas of the Maasai Mara Reserve. This peaceful camp accommodates a maximum of 20 guests at one time ensuring an intimate camp experience. Safari chefs produce delicious 'farmhouse' meals for you, skillfully blending East and West, while picnic breakfasts and sundowners in the bush are equally unforgettable experiences.
There are nine tents, two of which are family tents spread out under the shady trees along the Talek river. The tents are in the traditional Hemingways style and have a traditional "Out Of Africa" feel with the convenience of flush toilets and bucket showers. Each tent has an oversized verandah with a day bed to relax on, the perfect to escape the African heat of the day. The staff and guides at Rekero will welcome you with open arms they are there to look after your every need and the knowledgeable expert guides will make the magical African bush come to life. Rekero is a truly special place.