Why we like it
- Mowani Camp is located in the Twyfelfontein Conservancy between the Ugab and Huab Rivers
- Twelve thatched individually designed rooms
- This area is the southernmost roaming ground for the rare black rhino and desert elephant
- Activities include guided nature drives in search of the elusive desert elephant, hiking through magnificent scenery or explore the historical site of Twyfelfontein
- A perfect camp to be active and adventurous or relax by the poolside from the midday sun
About Mowani Camp
Mowani is taken from the word M'Wane, meaning "Place of God", and it is here, that you will find the true meaning of peace and tranquillity. Mowani Mountain Camp nestles amongst the boulders of this beautiful area on a high spot commanding distant views over the ancient landscape. The luxury tented accommodation is built unobtrusively, to ensure minimum impact on the natural environment. Much care has been taken with the design of the public areas, creating the impression of an African Village, with dome-like thatched structures that blend in with the imposing boulders which are scattered around the outcrops.