Why we like it
- Located in the private Ongava Game Reserve close to the southern boundary of the Etosha National Park
- Ongava Lodge is set on top of a hill overlooking a very productive waterhole with impressive views of the surrounding plains
- Activities on offer are day and night game drives in the Ongava reserve and the Okaukuejo area of Etosha National Park
- Desert adapted black and white rhino are often seen as well as a thriving lion population
- Perfect choice of camp to explore the Etosha National Park staying in the exclusivity of a private game reserve
About Ongava Lodge
Ongava Lodge comprises of 13 rock and thatch chalets and one family room. Each chalet is en suite, has air conditioning and its own private covered veranda overlooking the plains. Dinner in the camp is either under the stars on the dining deck weather permitting otherwise inside the main dining area under thatch.
Ongava Lodge has a swimming pool to relax by in the middle of the day, and there are plenty of seating areas in the main area to relax and take in the stuning views of the surrounding plains of this reserve.
Most general game are present in the Ongava Game Reserve as well as within Etosha National Park: including springbok, gemsbok, wildebeest, Burchell's zebra, Hartmann's mountain zebra, waterbuck, red hartebeest, giraffe, eland and the endemic black-faced impala. Elephant can be found in the Park, with lion, leopard, and black and white rhino seen both there and on the reserve.