Why we like it
- Nestled on ten acres of beautiful landscaped gardens, in the exclusive Sandhurst suburb of Sandton
- A haven of tranquillity and a complete escape from city life
- Exquisite personalized attention to detail
- Gourmet dining experiences to delight the seasoned foodie from fine dining to a sumptuous traditional Afternoon tea
- Enjoy the sublime facilities of the Saxon Spa and Studio
About Saxon Boutique, Villas and Spa
The interior of the hotel is an elegant fusion of contemporary design with traditional African flare. Aside from relaxing by the pool, working out in the gym or enjoying one of the many spa treatments, guests can explore the best of Johannesburg. Saxon has witnessed history within its walls as it became home to Nelson Mandela after he was released from prison. It was during this time that South Africa's former President used the serene setting of Saxon to edit his autobiography 'Long walk to Freedom.
Saxon boasts three Villas each with their own terrace, plunge pool and spa area and comprises of several individual interconnecting suites. The Villas offer guests an informal, personalized, home-from-home atmosphere and are nestled in lush indigenous gardens with water features for complete privacy. All suites and villas are accompanied by a 24 hour butler service. The world's finest linen, a complex pillow menu and oppulant bath robe and slippers are provided to ensure the comfort of every guest.