Why we like it
- A real gem of a lodge tucked away on a coffee plantation on the edge of town
- Run like a safari lodge so a great way to start or end your journey in Tanzania
- Huge cottages offer plenty of space to spread out – the family cottages offer two inter-connected cottages for added sense of security when travelling with children
- Enjoy great views over Mount Meru as you sip a local coffee blend from the terrace
- The food at Legendary Lodge is, well, legendary, and can be paired with a wide array of fine wines
About Legendary Lodge
Located on a working coffee farm just outside Arusha, Legendary Lodge is set in lush tropical gardens with stunning views of nearby Mount Meru, the second highest mountain in Tanzania after Kilimanjaro. The lodge is made up of 10 cottages and two family cottages, all of which are huge, luxurious, and beautifully, authentically African, designed to incorporate a unique blend of African arts and crafts. The king size beds are sumptuously decadent, and the cottages also include a separate lounge with fireplace and en suite bathrooms have deep tubs and refreshing showers. In the evening nothing beats coming back to a roaring fire in your room with a glass of fine wine, or waking up to fresh coffee on your veranda overlooking Mount Meru; on clear mornings the view is exquisite.
The main house was built in the early 1900’s and has certainly kept its sense of grandeur. Meals can be taken in The Old Farmhouse, or opt for a bit more privacy and enjoy in room dining. The team of exceptional staff are always on hand to make your stay unforgettable, a feat often achieved by the dining alone. For a slow-paced safari take an extra day at Legendary Lodge to make the most of the fitness suite, Legendary Spa, and more of the sumptuous fare.