Why we like it
- Perfectly situated for sightings of the Great Migration crossing the Grumeti River, normally around June and July
- Situated in Tanzania's premier wilderness area of the Serengeti National Park
- An understated luxury lodge, earthy tones welcome and invigorate
- Troops of black and white colobus monkeys are found only in the Grumeti riverine forest and nowhere else in the Serengeti
- On the banks of the Grumeti River, home to some of Africa's largest crocodiles
About andBeyond Grumeti Serengeti River Lodge
Offering exceptional year-round game viewing, the lodge lies in peaceful seclusion in a remote river valley. This is a haven from which to experience the beating heart of Africa. Every year during the Great Migration, hundreds of thousands of animals cross the Grumeti River, risking the jaws of some of the world's largest crocodiles. The excitement is mirrored in the ten elegant guest suites set along the riverbank, each with an en suite bathroom and romantic al fresco shower open to the sun and stars. The sparkling pool and main deck are captivating, while the cuisine is exceptional.