Why we like it
- Set on the banks of the Zambezi River in the Lower Zambezi National Park
- Host to a maximum of 18 guests
- An intimate and traditional safari experience
- Activities on offer are game drives, boat and canoe activities , bush walks and Tiger Fishing (September - December), and excellent bird watching
- Your own personal butler or Muchindas meaning "attendant to chief" will ensure a very special stay
About Sausage Tree Camp
Sausage Tree Camp is the epitome of luxury, deep in the Lower Zambezi National Park, sophisticated comforts come to Zambia in this elegant camp. Accommodation is in luxurious white Bedouin-style tents. The central dining and bar area is fronted by an enormous teak deck overhanging the Zambezi River. The large swimming pool is idyllically situated under shading Mahogany trees. Tents are generously spaced along the Zambezi River bank allowing the elephants to amble in between. Local materials create a minimalist style in which the teak furniture contrasts with pure white fabrics and flowing mosquito nets.
Each of the seven luxury suites have been built close to the edge of the Zambezi River, giving unparalleled views of the wildlife. Each suite boasts a lounge area, bedroom and indoor bathroom with an open air shower. Sliding teak doors open onto private decks complete with an outdoor lounge area and infinity pool.
Each tent has its own personal butler, 24 hour power and plentiful hot and cold treated water. The African inspired fusion cuisine is served in a variety of unexpected locations with impeccable service, white linen and atmospheric candle lighting.