Why we like it
- Set on the banks of the Zambezi River in the Lower Zambezi National Park
- Host to a maximum of sixteen guests
- An intimate and traditional safari experience
- Activities on offer are game drives, boat and canoe activities , bush walks and Tiger Fishing (September - December), and excellent bird watching
- Your own personal butler or Muchindas meaning "attendant to chief" will ensure a very special stay
About Sausage Tree Camp
Sausage Tree Camp is the epitome of luxury, deep in the Lower Zambezi National Park, sophisticated comforts come to Zambia in this elegant camp. Accommodation is in luxurious white Bedouin-style tents. The central dining and bar area is fronted by an enormous teak deck overhanging the Zambezi River. The large swimming pool is idyllically situated under shading Mahogany trees. Tents are generously spaced along the Zambezi River bank allowing the elephants to amble in between. Local materials create a minimalist style in which the teak furniture contrasts with pure white fabrics and flowing mosquito nets.
Each of the five Signature Tents has a unique open-air en suite bathroom and sliding teak doors opening onto private decks with Zambezi River views. The two enormous Honeymoon Suites each boast indoor and outdoor bathrooms, dining area, bar and a king size bed overlooking the private infinity pool set into the expansive teak deck. The Kigelia House has two en suite bedrooms separated by an open plan living area with bar, dining table and leather sofas, leading onto the private deck and infinity pool.
Each tent has its own personal butler, 24 hour power and plentiful hot and cold treated water. The African inspired fusion cuisine is served in a variety of unexpected locations with impeccable service, white linen and atmospheric candle lighting.