Why we like it
- Luxurious courtyard home in the beautiful village of Xizhou at the foothills of the Himalayas.
- Situated in Yunnan, the most diverse of all China's provinces.
- A nationally protected heritage site restored to its former elegance.
- Rooms and suites boast authentic Chinese decors renovated to modern Western standards.
- Features 2 restaurants serving only the freshest local food.
About Linden Centre
The Linden Centre is housed in one of the most stunning examples of traditional Bai architecture, the Yang Jia Yuan, built by the original owner, Yang Pin Xiang. Recent restorations have breathed life back into this ancient relic, found with the traditional stone and wood features mostly intact, to its original architecture grandeur. As a nationally protected site, the complex has appeared in many books and journals, as well as being a choice setting for television dramas and documentaries.
This traditional family residence has a maximum occupancy of just 28 people, creating a peaceful haven designed under the principles of Feng Shui by the home's original owners. Accommodation comes as King Rooms, Twin Rooms and Family Suites displaying a classic Chinese style equipped with essential modern amenities. A stay at the Linden Centre is an immersion in the local culture, not always experienced in other regions of China. Take part in a dumpling cooking class, explore the tea culture on a plantation tour, witness the wonder that is trained Comorant fishing or visit Dali Valley's largest natural Bai minority village to get hands on in a Zhoucheng artisanal tie-dye workshop.