Why we like it
- Gora Kadan is the former retreat of the Kanin-no-miya, the youngest of the four branches of the Imperial Family of Japan
- Enjoy an authentic Japanese experience with views overlooking Hakone National Park
- The restaurant serves traditional Kaiseki cuisine meticulously prepared by the skilful chefs
- We love the Kadan Suites; choose one with a private open-air bath, Jacuzzi and steam sauna or panoramic wooden bath
- Facilities include a heated swimming pool, outdoor Jacuzzi, Kedan Spa and beauty salon
About Gora Kadan
The sublime Gora Kadan is situated in the striking Hakone National Park. The former retreat of the Kanin-no-miya imperial family, the Gora Kadan is elegantly designed with tatami-style rooms, sliding-doors and futons overlooking a green valley of pine trees and celebrated cherry trees.
A mesmerising mixture of traditional and modern, the Gora Kadan offers the very best of Japanese hospitality and an authentic experience. Slip into your kimono and explore the grounds, then feel the 21st century melt away as you relax in the tranquil Onsen amongst the trees and bamboo forests, or have all of your cares smoothed away with a traditional Shiatsu massage.