Why we like it
- Built atop a bluff with panoramic views of the Caribbean
- White sand beaches of Meads Bay and Turtle Cove just steps away
- Newly refurbished to a very high standard –think sophisticated barefoot luxury
- Plenty of activities on offer, including an excellent championship golf course
- Stunning two-tiered infinity swimming pool
Malliouhana impresses at every turn, from its privileged setting on some of the islands best beaches (the golden arc of Meads Bay or the intimate inlet at Turtle Cove), to its slick yet pared-back design (think candy cane pastel stripes, whitewashed walls, barefoot luxury). Malliouhana has long established itself as one of Anguilla's best hotels, and after an $80 million renovation the resort has seen a facelift so classy that it's brought it back to its 1980s heyday in spectacular fashion. Anguilla itself is a sun-bleached atoll of coral and limestone in the Lesser Antilles, and from your perch atop Malliouhana's picturesque bluff you can enjoy the gentle trade winds that keep the temperatures comfortable, perhaps enjoying an alfresco dinner accompanied by fine wines and Michelin-starred meals. The practicalities? Excellent golf and watersports, a drool-inducing spa, complimentary yoga, fantastic food and warm, Caribbean hospitality. What's not to love?