Why we like it
- All rooms have private balconies or terraces with chaise longues
- The Sandpiper stands on a beautiful sandy beach gently lapped by turquoise waters and bordered by a tree shaded wooden deck
- The excellent restaurant is renowned for having one of the finest chefs in Barbados
- The spa at the nearby Coral Reef Club is open to Sandpiper guests
- The hotel offers a range of facilities and activities for children
About The Sandpiper
The Sandpiper, a member of 'Small Luxury Hotels of the World', is a sumptuous hotel with an elegant yet informal atmosphere. Dotted amid beautiful tropical gardens overflowing with hibiscus, the wooden-shuttered island-style buildings are festooned with sweet scented bougainvillea and shaded by tall coconut palms.
The 47 rooms and suites are laid out in two horseshoe-shaped complexes leading to the beach. The one and two bedroom suites have separate sitting rooms and very large terraces as well as fully fitted kitchens. The two Tree Top Suites have their own plunge pools and outstanding interiors.
The interiors are beautifully designed, decorated and furnished - cool, muted colours meeting contemporary furniture to create a stripped back chic that is a real contrast with the vibrant colours of the surrounding gardens.