Why we like it
- Outdoor living rooms are integral to the tasteful accommodation
- The Jamaica Inn faces onto its own magnificent swathe of sandy beach
- Meals are served al fresco to the sounds of the sea or a local band
- The hotel has a fabulous open-air spa set right at the water's edge
- The hotel has a lovely beachfront swimming pool
- A&K guests receive an exclusive $100 food and beverage credit per room from April through to mid-December
About Jamaica Inn
Quintessentially Jamaican and often described as 'a small grand hotel', Jamaica Inn harks back to a bygone era. Recently renovated throughout, the Inn offers a relaxing, stylish holiday and is an ideal base from which to explore the beauty of the island.
The 48 spacious suites and cottages are spread out over a lush six acre property. Cottages are hiding on ocean bluffs, whilst all other suites also enjoy great sea views. Décor is plantation-style boasting large sitting areas, full-size sofas, wing chairs, breakfast tables and writing desks. Each suite also benefits from a private balustraded balcony or large veranda and refreshing sea breezes that filter through the louvred shutters. No televisions or radios, only the surround sound of the sea.
Why not follow in the footsteps of Winston Churchill and book the illustrious White Suite, magnificently situated on its own private peninsula, furnished with Jamaican antiques and boasting its own secluded pool, private terrace and breathtaking vistas of the sea. Jamaica Inn's crowning glory is its accommodation. Spacious and tasteful, each suite has a private balustraded balcony or large veranda overlooking the water. Balconies and verandas come complete with a full sized sofa, wing chair, breakfast table, writing desk and coffee table. Inside, the décor is impeccably stylish, based on polished floors, pure white walls and linens, dark wood furniture and fresh flowers to add colour.
As soon as you set foot in this hotel, it will be immediately obvious why the likes of Marilyn Monroe, Ian Flemming and Noel Coward have stayed here in the past.