Why we like it
- 23 palm thatched cottage rooms are literally surrounded by one of the most pristine ecosystems in the world
- The Lodge at Chaa Creek is set in a 365 acre private nature reserve at the feet of the Mayan Mountains and on the banks of the Macal River
- Delectable 'Jungle Cuisine' is served in a romantic al fresco dining room
- The Lodge has a huge, and beautifully appointed, fresh water swimming pool
- Other facilities include an airy jungle bar, whilst a seemingly endless array of activities ranges from canoeing, biking and horse riding to exploring the Lodge's Natural History Centre, butterfly farm and rainforest medicine trail
About The Lodge at Chaa Creek
The Lodge at Chaa Creek is the creation of Mick and Lucy Fleming who have spent the last 26 years lovingly refining it - from the introduction of electricity in 1987 to the recent completion of the deluxe Macal Cottage.
Accommodation choices include the superb Treetop Suites, stilted, stripped back Camp Casitas, The Cottage Collection and, perfect for families, the Orchard Villa. Tucked away in the lush rainforest, all are designed on a 'jungle' theme, with thatched roofs and exposed beams in evidence alongside the verandas where guests are regaled by tropical birdsong. Inside, they are beautifully furnished, with big, comfortable beds and hardwood furniture surrounded by white walls and local craft furnishings.
Overall, the Lodge successfully combines an adventure travel experience with comfort, good local-style food and a friendly atmosphere, especially in the veranda bar.