Why we like it
- The superb thatched cabañas and villas nestle in lush, semi-landscaped jungle
- Blancaneaux Lodge stand in the magnificent Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve
- Montagna Ristorante serves classic Italian cuisine, whilst Guatemala serves mildly-spiced cuisine drawing on Mexican, Caribbean and Mayan traditions. Both use ingredients from the lodge's organic gardens
- Set on the banks of Privassion Creek, the Waterfall Spa offers a variety of treatments, wraps and massages, as well as access to a rejuvenating hot pool overlooking cascading waterfalls
- Privassion Creek provides some of the reserve's best natural swimming holes, from the deep, cool pools close to the lodge to the hidden rock pools leading to the stunning Big Rock Fall. The lodge also has a fresh water infinity edge pool
About Blancaneaux Lodge
Tucked away in a pocket of the Maya Mountains, Blancaneaux Lodge is a 20-room luxury resort where waterfalls tumble into turquoise pools above the jungle canopy. A private retreat for Francis Ford Coppola and his family until 1993, its remote mountain setting makes it a perfect place to relax, rejuvenate and enjoy life's simple pleasures.
The accommodation consists of twenty or so individual cabañas that merge into the area's natural fauna. All feature lofty hand-woven thatched roofs with elegantly themed native art, local textiles and colonial furnishings.
Guests can explore the ancient civilization of the Maya, which still endures in the sacred sites throughout this magical region. From the ceremonial caves along the white-water rivers of the Mountain Pine Ridge Reserve to stalactite caverns and the vast ruins of Caracol deep within the lush rainforest, Blancaneaux is a window into a world of natural and archaeological wonders.
Blancaneaux Lodge is simply stunning, offering unique experiences at every turn.