Why we like it
- Just five one or two bedroom villas each offer private butler, personal dock, plunge pool and excellent sea views
- Cayo Espanto is a small, private island which forms part of Belize's famous barrier reef
- Cuisine at Cayo Espanto is entirely personalised, with superb, individual dishes created for each guest based on a survey filled out prior to arrival
- The resort's in-room spa menu includes manicures, pedicures, facials, scrubs, ear candling, aromatherapy and more
- All villas have heated private plunge pools, except Casa Ventanas, which is encircled by the sea
About Cayo Espanto
Cayo Espanto is a truly spectacular retreat. Three miles out to sea from the coastal city of San Pedro, it is the very epitome of an exclusive island hideaway. Peace, quiet and privacy really are the order of the day at this hyper-luxurious boutique resort.
The resort's six wooden villas are dotted among the tiny island's palm trees. Tastefully decorated in vibrant colours, they are awash with superbly luxurious touches - such as private pools and hammocks. Light, airy and opening out on to terraces, and private jettys beyond, the villas are simply stunning spaces where relaxation is easy to come by.
The service throughout Cayo Espanto is beyond impeccable - the most used phrase being 'No problem'. For instance, forget traipsing to the bar for drinks, they are brought to guests wherever they are, even out at sea. Meanwhile every villa is assigned its own private butler, and butler's assistant, to sort out everything from Mayan exploration to trekking and diving and cater to every whim.
It is no exaggeration to say that Cayo Espanto is a one off