Why we like it
- The barge has four air-conditioned outward facing cabins with en suite bedrooms and opening portholes or windows
- The wonderful sundeck with its heated sunken spa pool is coupled with spacious interiors with central heating
- A comprehensive programme of excursions and visits that are a blend of cultural, historical and general interest, which compliments the time spent drifting lazily along the waterways
- Fabulous cuisine is provided by the barge's own Master Chef from sumptuous breakfast to a delicious buffet or picnic ending in a four or five course dinner each evening
- Please note that children under the age of 12 years are not accepted unless it is a charter booking or a special family departure
The eight passenger Anjodi is of classic Dutch design and has been specifically rebuilt to navigate the 300 year old Canal du Midi. She has been completely refurbished in African hardwoods, hand-crafted panelling and shining brass, creating a comfortable and charming ambience.
Aboard the Anjodi, you will cruise the Canal du Midi and skirt the sunbathed shores of the Mediterranean before winding inland through ancient villages and Roman fortifications in the Languedoc wine region.
Particular highlights include the tree lined routes from the lakeside fishing town of Marseillan, home to Noilly Pratt Vermouth, the world's oldest canal tunnel at Malpas, and Narbonne, where you can enjoy private wine tastings and discover Cathar history before visiting Carcassonne.