Why we like it
- The barge has accommodation for eight guests across four large suites which can be configured as twins or doubles. All are air-conditioned and en suite
- The saloon and dining room have comfortable sofas, books and music, and an always open, inclusive bar
- Fabulous cuisine is provided by the barge's own Master Chef
- A heated sunken spa pool is located on the spacious sun deck
- The barge carries eight touring bike
This beautifully appointed barge was entirely refitted in 2009 to create a luxuriously relaxed cruise experience. The Renaissance's lounge has comfortable seating and a cosy bar. The library is stocked with a range of novels and reference books, as well as a top of the range music system.
The Renaissance cruises down the River Loire, visiting the hilltop village of Sancerre for a wine tasting tour. Guests can explore Château-Landon and its 11th Century Abbey before travelling on to one of the oldest canal side villages in Burgundy, Rogny-Les-Sept-Ecluses. Marvel at the staircase of seven locks (now adopted as a French National Monument) standing as a testimony to the 500 year history of the canal.