Why we like it
- A landmark building of stunning classical architecture, the Grande Bretagne is known as the 'Royal Box' of Athens and provides excellent views of the Acropolis
- Dining options include the GB Roof Garden restaurant & Bar overlooking the Acropolis
- GB Spa with its indoor swimming pool and a fully equipped gymnasium
- The splendid outdoor rooftop pool is a welcome rest from the Athenian sun
- A&K recommends the Deluxe Suites, which provide spacious, stylish accommodation, mixing luxurious furnishings with warm décor to create a wonderful retreat in the heart of Athens
About Hotel Grande Bretagne
This 18th Century landmark is unquestionably Athens most luxurious hotel. Immaculately restored to the height of its old world grandeur, it is perfectly located at Syntagma Square in the heart of the city. The hotel's palatial interior is lavishly appointed, with restored antiques and wonderful fabrics personalising each of the 320 rooms and suites. Opt for a Junior Suite with butler service to tend to your every need.
The Grande Bretagne is ideally located for exploration of the House of Parliament and National Gardens, whilst the trendy bars, cafés and boutiques of Kolonaki Square are a short walk away.
After a day of exploration retreat to the Winter Garden where the hustle and bustle of Athens is left far behind or head to Alexander's Bar for cocktails where the 18th century tapestry of Alexander the Great is the focal point.
The Grande Bretagne not only dominates the skyline around it, meaning you're looking straight at the Parthenon, but glance to your left and you're looking straight at the Greek Parliament, with the Evzones soldiers trooping around the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier every hour.