Why we like it
- Spetses is one of the few remaining car free islands
- Easily accessible by air (helipad), sea (pier right in front) or land-located 2.5 hours from Athens airport and port
- The Poseidonion Hotel has been a landmark on the Spetses skyline since 1914
- Prime location, close to numerous attractions
- Exceptional fine dining in the multiple award-winning restaurant 'On the Verandah'
- Activities include: horse carriage rides, biking tours, running, hiking fishing trips and sailing tours
About Poseidonion Grand Hotel
Immerse yourself in the rich history of the island of Spetses with a luxurious stay in one of the islands most famous landmarks. Overlooking the beautiful seafront, The Poseidonion affords some of the best views in town, which is understandably why it attracts royalty, high society and rich Athenians time and time again.
Often described as the heart of the island, The Poseidonion encompasses the elegance and glamour Spetses is so famous for. Once inside the hotel, the high ceilings and light elegant décor gives the impression that time has stood still since it was built in 1914, however in 2009 the hotel re-opened after undergoing a meticulous five-year restoration programme, combining the original architecture with the finest up to date facilities.
The hotel is now comprised of the historic wing and the new wing, both presenting luxuriously unforgettable experiences with the comfortable airy suites and guestrooms. Enjoy the beautiful views afforded by the tranquil sea-front location while indulging in fine dining from one of the three hotel restaurants. From Asian-inspired fusion cuisine to gourmet or just a light snack, the sumptuous food at the Poseidonion is renowned on the island.Take a visit to the Bostani Organic farm, where you can enjoy food with all fresh, natural ingredients. You also have the opportunity to learn about traditional organic farming techniques.