Why we like it
- Surrounded by a wall like a fortified town, Vedema Resort is situated in the medieval village of Megalochori
- The resort's townhouses provide views of rolling vineyards, the Aegean Sea and the beautiful sunsets beyond
- The 15th century-styled winery restaurant, ALATI serves an innovative seafood menu whilst the Pool Restaurant offers light meals and Greek specialties
- At the Asian spa and Resort Spa they embrace and emulate the magic of Vedema - take advantage of the fully equipped Fitness centre featuring Cybex equipment, Sauna and Turkish bath facilities
- The hotel has an outdoor pool and a large outdoor Jacuzzi, as well as hammocks and sun beds among the olive and pistachio trees
About Vedema, a Luxury Collection Resort
Vedema Resort is a world unto itself. Built around a 400 year old winery in the unspoilt medieval village of Megalohori, this stylish resort consists of 45 pastel-hued townhouses. Larger than the hotel Perivolas in Oia and good for families, its townhouses are constructed in traditional Greek style and domed with distinctive cupolas.
All the villas have marble bathrooms, island-style furnishings and terraces. The 4 villas with private pools are models of fresh minimalism originally inspired by the simple island lodges, and 'barefoot chic' philosophy, found throughout Santorini, while the Presidential Villa is a masterpiece of luxury and style.
This resort is packed with historical features. In particular, the atmospheric 'Canava' Wine Bar is a converted 400 years old catacomb in the middle of Vedema Resort. Utterly unique, it is a cool and authentically Grecian space.