Why we like it
- A two hour drive from Reykjavik in the remote countryside
- In season (October - March) one of the best places to view the northern lights
- Dine in one of Iceland’s best restaurants, all ingredients are locally sourced
- Stay in classically styled rooms, all with an incredible view
- From here enjoy an array of activities from hiking, ice climbing, super jeep safaris and horse riding
About Hotel Budir
Nestled on the edge of The Snaefellsjokull National Park in a lava field on the westernmost tip of the Snaefellsnes peninsula sits the Budir Hotel. Due to the hotel´s location, you have an impressive view of the breathtaking Snaefellsjokull glacier and the Budir-estuary which meanders into the vast Faxafloi-Bay where a number of seals reside.
The beauty of Budir Hotel is the stark remoteness that this property offers. The lounge and bar area is the perfect spot for relaxing at the end of the day, with beautiful leather sofas and chairs and more views of the Atlantic Ocean. A stay here is full of history – the Budir was a prominent trading centre and the hotel is full of reminders and old photographs that recount this time. This is the perfect spot for hiking and exploring this remote area.