Why we like it
- Stay in rooms, which showcase the property’s history as a former residence of Italian nobility
- Relax mind and body with the spa’s new floating therapy
- Indulge in a selection of local meats and dairy products in the ancient cheese room
- Gather with friends or family in the sunshine of the terrace, overlooking Matera
- Sip a tipple at the wine bar beneath the hotel, sculpted out of tufa rock
About Palazzo Gattini
Palazzo Gattini was once the residence of Italian nobility. It retains much of its historical character to this day, with cream stone archways throughout its 20 suites. Choose from a range of unique rooms, from junior to deluxe, each with mod cons, Italian-made bathrobes and French-made toiletries. Located within Matera, it boasts stunning views of prehistoric Sassi, and is the ideal accommodation from which to explore the Basilicata region.
Sample seasonal Italian cuisine at the on-site restaurant, Le Bubbole, which includes adaptable menus to suit dietary requirements. Just outside in the Cathedral square, there’s also the charming Duomo café, offering breakfast, lunch and aperitifs.
For a little R&R, descend the stairwell to the subterranean spa. In warm stone surrounds, enjoy an individual or couple’s massage, relax in the buoyant waters of the Floating Room or glide out into the large swimming pool.
Palazzo Gattini artfully celebrates the history of Matera while offering five-star luxury and the comforts of modernity.