Why we like it
- This astonishing hotel sits in a centuries old private park
- Many of the rooms and suites feature original Renaissance frescoes, friezes and hand-painted sculptured reliefs
- Four Seasons Hotel Firenze offers one of the city's most sought-after dining experiences, with imaginative menus focussed on modern interpretations of Tuscan cuisine
- The extensive spa offers a wide range of treatment using products from one of the world's oldest herbal pharmacies
- An outdoor pool and whirlpool are set amongst landscaped gardens and offers a calm oasis away from the bustle of the city
About Four Seasons Firenze
This hotel transports its guests back to the city's Renaissance heyday, thanks to its classical gardens, stunning, palatial architecture and wonderful, original art.
The hotel consists of a pair of converted Renaissance palaces on the edge of Florence's historic centre - the 15th Century Palazzo della Gherardesca and the 16th century La Villa. They surround the centuries-old Giardino della Gherardesca which is undisputedly one of the most beautiful green spaces on the right bank of the River Arno.
An immaculate restoration has ensured that 15th-19th Century artworks remain in their original context - original frescoes, sculptured reliefs and silk wallpapers adorn the 116 bedrooms with views over the peaceful gardens.
The rooms and suites are equally impressive. Blending Renaissance artistry with high-tech comfort, they manage to feel welcoming and comfortably residential despite their grandeur. This hotel is, without exaggeration, breath-taking.