Why we like it
- Set on a verdant hillside overlooking the picture-perfect harbour of Portofino, with its luxury yachts bobbing at anchor
- All rooms and suites boast a light Mediterranean style with marble bathrooms and many have private terraces and balconies looking out on enchanting panoramas
- Pamper yourself at the Wellness Centre where the sauna and steam room located amidst the beautiful Mediterranean gardens
- Swim and sunbathe by the beautiful heated seawater swimming pool
- Children are welcome with a range of amenities and even spa treatments dedicated to children
About Belmond Hotel Splendido & Splendido Mare
The Belmond Splendido and its sister property, Splendido Mare are situated on Northern Italy's Ligurian coast high above Portofino and the Mediterranean. For nearly a century the Splendido has been meeting the needs of a distinguished guest list, drawn by its high standards. The hotel has just the right blend of beauty, style, comfort and service.
If you prefer to stay close to the action, Splendido Mare stands beside the renowned Piazzetta, near to the resort's lively quay. Both properties are connected by a scenic path, taking just 10 minutes to walk or alternatively the complimentary shuttle service will whizz you between them.
The Belmond Splendido has 64 beautiful rooms including 35 suites, while the smaller Splendido Mare has just 16 rooms and suites. All rooms are light, airy and elegant, and most offer balconies with superb views of the village, the harbour and the Castle of San Giorgio.
Splendido Mare shares all the facilities of the Hotel Splendido, including a spectacular open-air-heated pool and all-weather tennis courts. Enjoy the very best of fine Italian cuisine at La Terrazza Restaurant, where you can enjoy magnificent views of the bay, or dine indoors in elegant splendour. For more relaxed al fresco dining, opt for the Pool Restaurant, where the lunchtime salad buffet is legendary. The brand new Smile Club for children aged 4 to 12 years offers arts and crafts and scavenger hunts.
The treatments on offer at the Wellness Centre are wide and varied and make use of the garden for massages - drift off among the flowers in a secluded corner of the terraced gardens as your aches and pains are expertly pummelled. Children can join in and enjoy Kid's Yoga or perhaps a family session is more to your taste.