Why we like it
- Located directly on the beautiful private beach of Mazzarò in Taormina Mare and surrounded by mountains and views of Mount Etna
- Most rooms feature expansive balconies and terraces, equipped with tables and chairs so alfresco breakfast can be enjoyed overlooking the sparkling sea
- A cable car whisks you in just three minutes to the centre of Taormina, with its many cultural attractions and sophisticated shopping scene
- Restorante Sant'Andrea boasts spectacular views over the bay
- Ideal for families with most rooms interconnecting and a Kids Club offering a wealth of activities such as sand castle contests and pizza making
About Hotel Villa Sant'Andrea, A Belmond Hotel, Taormina Mare
Set on its own exclusive beach, beside one of the most beautiful coastlines in all of Italy, Villa Sant'Andrea overlooks the aquamarine sea. Built by an aristocratic family in 1830 among lush, subtropical gardens, this Belmond secluded retreat retains all the charm of a private residence.
Villa Sant'Andrea has 69 elegant rooms and suites, the majority of which look out over the beach and pristine waters of the private Bay of Mazzarò. Grand 19th century villas in lush gardens line the shoreline, conjuring up an era of leisured luxury that - especially on starlit evenings - is still palpable today.
The promontory around the bay is dotted with magical caves, including the Grotta Azzurra, which can be visited by boat. Divers, snorkelers and water sports enthusiasts will find much to explore in the quiet waters of the cove, including the caves' abundant marine life.
Enjoy exclusive use of the tranquil beach, with loungers, umbrellas and beach towels provided. There is also a summer Beach Bar serving refreshing cocktails, fruit smoothies and snacks. The heated pool, located directly on the sea is equipped with sun loungers and beach umbrellas. The Wellness Centre offering Sicilian and Mediterranean treatments will revitalise.
Villa Sant'Andrea shares facilities, including restaurants, bars and swimming pools, with Grand Hotel Timeo in the heart of Taormina, beside the Greek Theatre.