Why we like it
- The resort is set in 230 hectares of stunning landscape with 1.8km of private coastline, on the south coast of Sicily near the seaside town of Sciacca
- All guestrooms have private terrace or balcony
- A multitude of dining options include family barbecues at the beachside Amare restaurant, the romantic cliff top restaurant, Liolá, and the adult only La Zagara
- Set apart from the resort, the huge spa offers yoga, fitness centre, beauty salon, treatment rooms and a bar
- The 60m two-tier swimming pool is one of the largest in Europe. The resort also has a private beach
About Verdura Resort, a Rocco Forte Hotel
Rocco Forte Hotel's first resort, Verdura Resort is one of Europe's most exciting destinations. Designed by Flavio Albanese, the architecture is a mixture of the contemporary and the traditional, making extensive use of natural island materials such as stone, sand, wood and cane.
The accommodation continues the theme. Designed by Olga Polizzi, the interiors are defined by a rich palette of earth tones and bright printed fabrics - a motif inspired by classic Sicilian tiles. The bedrooms feature four-poster wooden beds, polished concrete floors and artful Italian lighting, and are decorated with locally fired earthenware. The bathrooms have stone vanity tops, and some have outside courtyards with lemon trees.
Set within two distinct types of building, Courtyard and Landscape, all the rooms are woven subtly into the olive grove landscape to create a real sense of privacy.