Why we like it
- A comfortable three-hour flight time and 75-minute transfer from Palermo airport makes this an easy trip for families
- The resort is set in 230 hectares of stunning landscape with 1.8 km of private coastline, on the south-west coast of Sicily near the town of Sciacca
- All guestrooms have a sea view and private terrace or balcony
- Two 18-hole championship golf courses and a 9-hole course
- Huge spa with indoor pool, saunas and health programmes
- The 60m, two-tier swimming pool is one of the largest in Europe
- Private beach and water sports
- Crèche, Kids club (4-12 years, free) and teen club (13-16 years)
- Access to the resort’s golf, tennis, football and swimming academies
About Verdura Resort, a Rocco Forte Hotel
Rocco Forte’s only resort offers world-class golf, water sports, spa and superb cuisine, making this the ideal holiday destination for families. Verdura is set along a private stretch of Mediterranean coastline and nestles within the zest of lemon and olive groves.
You can choose from 203 rooms including suites and villas, decorated in rich earth tones and bright fabrics designed by Olga Polizzi. The four restaurants include Buon Giorno for breakfast, Amare by the beach, Liolá trattoria and Zagara fine dining. Learn how to make the Sicilian classics during a cookery class or take part in a wine tasting session. Children can enjoy cooking lessons in their own kitchen at the kid’s club, which is complimentary for 4-12 year olds. A private babysitting service is also available.
Enjoy a family fishing trip from Verdura’s own boat. The resorts’ water sports club offers adrenalin-pumping activities, such as flyboarding, or you could choose to enjoy a leisurely swim in the infinity pool. Youngsters can hone their skills at the resort’s sporting academies of golf, football, swimming and tennis. This will leave you time to enjoy a round on the championship links golf courses before relaxing in the mineral-rich waters of the thalassotherapy pools at Verdura Spa.