Why we like it
- Olissippo Lapa Palace stands on one of Lisbon's seven hills, in the Bairro da Lapa quarter - an area traditionally favoured by the nobility and upper classes
- Choose between the Palace or Garden Wings or Villa Lapa where all rooms
- The hotel has an excellent Mediterranean restaurant, and Le Pavillion the pool restaurant serving light lunches
- Lapa Palace spa offers a range of massages and treatments, as well as a traditional Hammam.
- Swimming pool is heated May to September
About Olissippo Lapa Palace
The Olissippo Lapa Palace, originally a stately home (or Palacetes), was built in 1870 for a noble Portuguese family. Set in the most elegant residential area of Lisbon, it is now among the most refined in Portugal. The Lapa's grand exterior rises amongst lush gardens and is the very epitome of elegance and class.
The 109 rooms are spread across the hotel's colonial core and two modern wings and lovingly appointed. All feature Portuguese furniture made in Paços de Ferreira, where excellent craftsmen have recreated the styles of D. João V, D. Maria I and D. José. Every room and suite has a different style - you will find Art Deco, Colonial, Algarvian and Neo-Classic. With the addition of a range of modern comforts, they provide truly luxurious living spaces.
Located in the sleepy Embassy district, this hotel is just five minutes by taxi from the heart of Lisbon.