Why we like it
- Family owned property located atop a small peninsula in the heart of the Costa Brava
- Member of the Leading Hotels of the World collection
- From classic Mediterranean to Elizabethan, each of the 74 rooms and suites are individual in style
- Facilities include a clay tennis court, outdoor seawater pool and Spa with heated indoor pool
- Direct access to the Sant Pol beach and the coastal path of S’Agaro
About Hostal de la Gavina
Hostal de la Gavina is a luxury clifftop retreat in the heart of the Costa Brava. Set between two unspoiled bays, the hotel’s spectacular scenery and service has attracted many notable guests, including members of the Spanish royal family, since first opening in 1932. Each of the 74 luxurious rooms are individual in design, paying homage to the important artistic heritage, and have plush Egyptian bedding, Venetian Murano glass lamps and spacious Italian marble bathrooms. Choose between six different room categories; Classic, Classic Double, Superior, Junior Suite, Deluxe Suite or Royal Suite. We particularly love the Superior Rooms with their quaint Mediterranean style and private terrace with views over the sea. All of the Deluxe Suites enjoy a Jacuzzi bathtub, antique furniture and views over the garden or sea.
The two restaurants, Garbi and Candlelight, offer an elegant selection of Mediterranean dishes created from fresh fish, meat and the finest local produce. The Gavina Terrace – El Barco is the perfect spot for a pre-dinner aperitif or cocktail. No holiday would be complete without a little time for yourself; The Gavina Spa by Valmont offers a variety of traditional massage and beauty treatments, indoor swimming pool with therapeutic waterfalls, Jacuzzi, Hamman and sauna. Activities in the area range horse riding and quad biking to golf and balloon flights.