Why we like it
- This beautiful 14th Century palace was transformed into a hotel in 1999.
- A member of the Relais & Chateaux collection.
- Situated in an exclusive residential area of Madrid.
- Just 32 individually-designed rooms and suites
- Within walking distance of the Prado Museum, Old Madrid and the Golden Mile.
About Hotel Orfila
Hotel Orfila hotel is located in a tranquil residential area, away from the hustle and bustle of the city. A former 14th Century Palace, the hotel is brimming with beautiful antique furniture, sumptuous fabrics and intriguing artefacts. There are just 20 individually-designed and elegant rooms and 12 spacious deluxe suites. The hotel's restaurant, Jardin de Orflila, serves delicious and innovative international dishes accompanied by a brilliant wine list- we loved the sake steamed Crayfish and the sour and spicy Castilla Soup. Within walking distance of the Prado, Thyssen-Bornemisza and Reina Sofia museums, as well as some of Madrid's most exclusive shops, Hotel Orfila is a wonderful and charming base from which to explore this fascinating city.