Why we like it
- This impressive hotel is set in a lush oasis in the heart of Jodhpur
- The hotel offers the finest Indian and international cuisine
- The spa blends ancient Indian wisdom with contemporary therapies, to offer the best in Indian rejuvenation therapies - from Indian aromatherapy massages and treatments to body scrubs and wraps
- A swimming pool is set in a grand courtyard, surrounded by sun decks
- Other facilities include lounges and bars, a library, fitness centre, tennis courts, table tennis and putting green
About Vivanta by Taj Hari Mahal, Jodhpur
The Vivanta by Taj Hari Mahal is hugely impressive, a 21st century fantasy palace modeled on the region's 14th century forts - with its Latitude style architecture and Moghul-inspired domes, enameled murals, slender columns, and grand interiors.
The hotel's 93 rooms and suites echo the colourful tradition of Rajasthani design and are fitted with every modern amenity. Beneath soaring ceilings lie huge, comfortable beds and thick, woven carpets. Dark wooden furniture stands alongside colourful fabrics, whilst wonderfully ornate, arched windows look out over lush gardens or the stylish hotel patio. All these elements come together to create a traditional feel, updated to reflect the latest in contemporary design.
This is a wonderful hotel, stylish and welcoming, in the heart of a fascinating, vibrant city.