Why we like it
- A hundred miles from the nearest road
- Explore pristine wilderness
- Activities that are available include fishing for salmon, hiking, private picnics on isolated beaches
- Discover gourmet Alaskan cuisine
- Private hand crafted log cabins beautifully furnished, accommodating a maximum of twelve guests at any time
About Ultima Thule Lodge
Located in Wrangnel/St Elias National Park, the largest national park in the USA as well as being the largest protected land mass on earth. Arriving by plane allows you to take in the views of the wilderness and admire the pure beauty of isolation. Hidden is Ultima Thule Lodge, a little gem set by the river. Your hosts are the Claus family who founded and run this special hideaway lodge. From August - to September the northern lights can be viewed.
There is no need to plan ahead here, the philosophy is to let the wilderness guide you and form your activities and ultimately create your own adventure. From a wildlife perspective moose, bears can be seen. But it is the spectacular scenery the feeling that no one else may have ever stepped foot on that piece of land before is what makes Ultima Thule Lodge so special and a rare glimpse at the world before civilisation.