Why we like it
- An upscale boutique oceanfront hotel
- Situated on the world-famous Poipu Beach
- Only 121 rooms and suites
- The hidden gem of Kauai is truly superb romance and honeymoons
- Dine in the privacy of your own room or balcony with our private dining service
About Koa Kea Hotel & Resort
Koa Kea is, in Hawaiian terms, a boutique property of just 121 rooms on the stunning Poipu Beach along Kauai’s sunny south shore. Meaning ‘white coral’ in Hawaiian, the hotel takes inspiration from natural forms with aqua-blue glass walls and plenty of floral touches. Garden view or ocean view rooms have amazingly comfortable beds, tasteful furnishings and enormous bathrooms.
The beachfront location is undeniably a massive draw, and the pool area is equally pretty. You can rent surfboards and snorkel gear from the beach shack, and nearby you’ll find hiking, horse riding and golfing. There’s a spa and a gym, where you can work off all the fish suppers that you’ll enjoy at Red Salt, the hotel’s acclaimed restaurant and bar.